Tuesday 28 August 2012

Sound Of The Suburbs Part 1

So... I don't know if any of you will remember the riots that occurred in the Parisian suburbs a few years ago, but I do! To sum it all up, there are neighbourhoods surrounding Paris that basically look, feel and are pretty much the same as any American hood and probably derive from the same issues; class inequalities, racism and a lack of government concern. These neighbourhoods are over run with drugs, gun violence and struggle... but as we all know along with drugs, gangs, and struggle, Rap music is never too far behind. I found this video that barely tackles the issues surrounding the troubled suburbs of "picture perfect Paris", but it's really funny!!! And I love anything that takes me into the weird world of rap music. Rappers are the weirdest people, and are even weirder when they are speaking a beautiful language like French. This is the part of France/Paris I will probably never see but wish I could be a part of. I guess this video will have to do for now. I'll post Part 2 and 3 as they come out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment