Tuesday 14 August 2012

The beginning

So it is exactly 40 days until my take off to the land of wine and cheese. I have begun this blog because I am dedicated to keep you all updated about my travels and whereabouts.

I'm going to update you guys on what's going on so far! 

So in about June I received my arrête de nomination, which, I guess, is like my contract and placement. I will be teaching at Lycée René Gosse in Clermont L'herault which is a city about 30 minutes outside of Montpellier. 

Along with my contract I also received e-mails of a few people I could contact for some advice, guidance and help. I e-mailed them asking a few questions about my classes, students and school but what I really wanted to know was if they could help me find a place to live. To my pleasant surprise one of the very very nice ¿teachers? (I'm still unsure of her position) that I contacted informed me that there is a very nice lady who lives about three minutes from my school who rents out the three spare bedrooms in her home to the language assistants of the school every year. I was given her e-mail and just like that I had arranged for a place to stay. I will be staying with who I believe is the Spanish Assistant at my school. 


About a week ago I received my work visa, which was sorta like the finalization of all that I have to do in my home country. From here on in it's packing, saving money and spending some quality time with all the friends I will be missing like crazy!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Karin, It's Hoda. I'd love to find out more about how you got the placement in the first place and what sort of requirements are there for this type of work (My email is Hoda.A.Ossoble@gmail.com) I'm actually enrolled in a CELTA certification program starting in September and France is where I want to head off to as well. Anyways, have a safe and pleasant trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karin

    This all sounds super exciting! Hope you have the best time in France :)

    Steph (your cousin in Sydney) x

    ReplyDelete